Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Week 68

June 10, 2019

Hi,

Well everything is going good and I adjusting well to everything here in Emgamwini. My comp is awesome and we get along great which is really nice. It has been a nice a break away from being a
ZL now the only thing I have to worry about is my area and what me and my comp are doing.

So one of our miracles that I saw this week was a small and simple that a lady we taught said. First of all last Tuesday we had time to contact people and as we were walking down the street, we saw this gate and I could not stop thinking about it as we walked on by. We decided to turn back and went to knock on that same gate. Well a lady in her 50's came out and we asked her if we could set up a time and come back to visit her when she wasn't so busy. We ended up going back to visit her on Sunday along with her two kids, a daughter who is 14 and a son who is 18. We taught them the Restoration and when we got to talking to her about Joseph Smith she said that she feels just like he did. She had been going to many different churches and none of them felt right so she decided that she would just watch church on TV until God showed her his church. As she was telling this to us I just knew that had we never turned back after walking past her gate, we wouldn't have found her.

The prices here haven't gone down in fact they continue to go up so 1 US dollar equals $7 in bond. It is so tough on the locals here.

We have water and electricity it just goes off and on. We do have a big water tank that will fill up when the power comes back on. We have a gas stove that we use when we have no electricity.

I sometimes get tired of the food there just isn't much variety but I know I only have 7 months left so I will be okay.

The weather here is getting pretty cold so I ended up buying another coat, it's more of a formal style.
I only paid $42 in bond it would have been $300, it's nice for the price haha. I will attach some pictures. But I am good!

Love,
Elder Rasmussen







by
Brooke Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment