Saturday, January 18, 2020

Week 87

 I'm doing really good this week, it has been super hot. We were told that there is supposed to be a heat wave coming this week and there will be record breaking temperatures. Last p-day we just had little errands to run all day I just had enough time to respond to the emails I received.
    Stake conference was good! There was a Saturday session and a Sunday session and our ward was asked to sing for everyone at the Saturday session, so there was 5 of us that sang. Our bishop, Nyasha, and a brother named brother Maseko. then my companion and I. We sang hymn #105 "Master the Tempest is Raging" it was really nice!
    At Stake Conference I was able to see so many people that I knew even a few that I baptized in my first area! Also just many members that I used to work with both in Nkulumane and Emgamwini. We had several speakers, a few YSA speakers and then our mission president spoke and the stake president did as well. The theme was from Roman's 8:35, "nothing can separate us from the love of Christ."
  People needed this because of all the stuff that is happening here, bread just hit $15(in bond) a loaf. 
So it was good to hear some talks about remaining faithful and keep on the covenant path.
    My comp and I are doing well together, I always learn something else about him everyday, he has 4 siblings a sister that is 23 then it's him, then a little brother that is 14 then his youngest sister is 11. His older sister is married and has a little boy. We do work really well together, it's so nice to have a comp that is easy to get along with, it just makes everything better. 
   So we were able to teach Eric's mom this week! It was super cool, she really hasn't been going to church this last little while, she has been focusing on work so she can provide for her family. We were able to sit down and talk about the Restoration with her, the Spirit was so strong in that lesson. It's sometimes hard to explain how the spirit is in a lesson but I felt it there and I know that Eric's mama felt it too. 
 
Elder Rasmussen 

No comments:

Post a Comment