Saturday, January 18, 2020

Week 99

My week was super good, we have a lot to do these next few weeks, we have exchanges with the Elders in our Zone almost every Wednesday and Friday. We have about 8 exchanges to go on this week which is a crazy amount, we have already gone with 3 different companionship's. So about 5 more haha. Not enough time to get everything done. 
  Yes the baptism was able to happen for Sister Sinenhlanhla! Everything worked out just nice and we had a good amount of people to show up to the baptism as well.
   It only rained a little bit not a ton though, it only rained once super hard for about 10 minutes and that's it. So not enough to get what we need here but it will last for a day or so haha.
    We have a lot of people that we are teaching like 20 or more I don't know how many exactly but we are always finding people and sometimes we have to stop visiting others because of whatever reasons.
   So this week I had a cool experience that just kinda helped me see how much I have learned and the skills I've developed while being here. 
   I was on exchanges with Elder Curtis, he has been on mission the same amount of time as Garek. I went to his area and he and his comp are struggling with a family. So when we went to see the family we started to go over the restoration. She didn't understand it. Well she had some deeper concerns that she was hinting at but the other elders didn't pick up on those hints. I have been blessed to develop the gift of Discernment while here and was able to answer her question that she had about prophets. She just looked at Elder Curtis and said "this is why you brought him to me huh..... He is going to convert so many to the church." She was so happy to have had her questions answered and explained. I know that this isn't from my own knowledge but the spirit really does guide us in what we should say.

Elder Rasmussen




No comments:

Post a Comment