Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Week 31

Hi All,
This week was a good week! I love it here in Mpopoma it's super cool. I am getting used to my new area. The house is smaller than the last one I lived in. The shower has tile every where and it is about size of mom and dads closet. It has a hole in the wall on one corner for a drain and then there is a shower head. The shower is also our wash room for laundry and stuff so it has buckets in there too. I will have to take pictures and send them next week.

We walk to the new area which is about a 15 minute walk. The area is so big it might be the biggest in the whole mission. It takes us like an hour to walk from one end to the other. We have been knocking on doors and contacting some on the streets. It's better to knock doors because then you know where they live and they don't give you a fake address. HAHAHA

A spiritual experience we had this week...
Elder Marange and I taught this lady named Nomsa. At first she kept telling us that this was going to be a one time thing and then we started asking her some questions as the spirit directed. We ended up discussing the subject of repentance and how hard it is to repent. We started giving her some advice, she said that she has tried to repent but that it doesn't work for her. I started sharing with her my own little parable (I can't think of another way to describe it). I asked her, "how do you think the first house was ever built?" And she said she didn't know. I said they had to start somewhere so maybe they started with the walls and then the roof. But a foundation would be better to start with and then work upward after that and then finally a sturdy house. I told her that in life we might have to go at a problem from a different angle and change our strategy. She totally understood what I was saying.
The Spirit was sooo strong and at the end of the lesson she told us that we could come back and share more with her. I know the Spirit directs us to help and to meet the needs of his children because he wants all of us to come back to him.

This week we have a wedding and a baptism scheduled. This couple that is getting married will be baptized right after the wedding takes place so that is going to be real cool.

I am getting along real well with my companion. I had many people tell me that we wouldn't get along but we are which is good.

Have a good week!
-Elder Rasmussen

Elder Marange and I

Pretty tree 

Our Chapel



My Room

No comments:

Post a Comment