Friday, September 14, 2018

Week 29

Hi,
This week has been good we are still working hard trying to find and teach people the Gospel. Every time I come to email I kinda forget what happened that week because they sometimes seem to run together. Our investigators are coming along we are always dropping and picking up new ones. Some people aren't that interested or they aren't progressing and keeping the commitments.
Most of the homes we visit here are made out of cinder blocks and have wood on the trusses for the roof. The floors are either made of concrete or tile no one has carpet here and sometimes a rug.
Mom, I know that you wouldn't be able to live here, haha. Most houses are really dirty and kinda gross. They don't have showers, most people just take bucket baths with warm water they heat up on the stove. No one has air conditioning or heat so they use fans and little heaters they plug into the wall.
People here have different numbers of kids. I have met families with 12 kids and others with 1 but it seems like most have around 3.
Sunday was interesting this week, we didn't start church until 9:30. The Bishop wasn't there so the ward clerk had to be in charge. When we got there at 8:45 with one of our investigators, no one had keys. We finally were able to get inside and had to set up chairs sweep the floor. The funny thing is our investigator and her kids even helped set up chairs. Even though it was a rough start I think we had one of the best Sacrament meetings since I've been here.
I will hear Saturday if I am being transferred.
I am glad you got to see Elder Gunther he is a great guy. Probably the best missionary in this mission. He is very respected and he loves serving the Lord. He was my first Zone Leader when I got here and has taught me alot about being a missionary.
I did get one of the packages you sent and everything was in it. Thank you so much! The Swedish fish are so good,  I forgot how good they are! Haha! And I am excited to use the flavor packets for different meals. Have a good week!
-Elder Rasmussen

We took this pic 5 min before it started to rain.

A guy in an African dancing outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment