Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 34

This week we received a letter from Sister Smith the mission secretary informing all parents of the situation in Zimbabwe. I am including this so that you understand Elder Rasmussen's letter he wrote to us this week. She said, "there are some challenges going on in our dear country right now, economy-based. Some of you may hear about these challenges from your missionaries.
Rising prices, inflation, shortages of certain items, extremely long fuel lines, and stores closing. These problems are all based on the cash shortages. Right now the shortages are still manageable and everyone is doing well."

I love her testimony and words of encouragement to us as parents of those serving in Zim. She goes on to say, "We believe we have all been placed here, at exactly this time, at exactly this place for a reason. What a privilege to be here in Zimbabwe during this momentous time. There is a temple announced to be built here. The people are humble and looking for the LIGHT and HOPE the restored gospel offers them. This country is about to explode with opportunity. Satan believes he can get to us by bringing on difficult circumstances, but if we truly have faith, we will see miracles. Referrals are up. Church attendance is up. With trust and faith, the work will continue to expand.
We love and care about your children as our own. We would do anything for them." -Sister Smith

Hi Everyone!
This week was a good one! I'm doing just fine. Everything is okay and we have all that we need. I am not worried about what is going on with the inflation and stuff because it just creates more opportunity for us.  These people need God more now than ever right now and we have the message that will help them. It is time for us to find those that God has prepared for us. I have been thinking for the past few weeks about why I was called to this place at this time. I realized that I promised these people in the Pre-Earth life that I would bring them the Gospel and that I would help them come unto Christ.

We were only able to watch the Saturday sessions of conference at our chapel and then next week we will watch the Sunday sessions. So far the talk that stands out to me the most is the talk given Elder Rasband. I really enjoyed watching conference.

-Elder Rasmussen

A huge tree in our area.

Elder Marange and I leaving Zone Conference.

Zone Conference 



-Posted by Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment