Thursday, July 5, 2018

Week 19

I am doing well and this week was good! Yes I am staying healthy too. Unfortunately Onias did not get baptized he had a few questions so we decided he wasn't quite ready. We are going to try and help him out with some of his concerns. The mission splits this week and the new mission President is coming and so that is pretty exciting! So now I am officially in the Zimbabwe Bulawayo Mission.
 In Elders quorum we were talking about temples and how important it is to go because that is the place where we do ordinances and make covenants with our Father in Heaven. Those ordinances and covenants are essential for obtaining the highest degree of glory in the Celestial Kingdom.
The temple's construction has not started here yet and so they have to travel to South Africa if they want to attend the temple. The problem is not many people have the means to travel to Johannesburg. In the ward I am serving in, many of the members have not been to the temple in 8 years. This just helped me realize how blessed we are to have so many temples so close to us back in Utah. Some are less than a 20 minute drive away. I wish I could have gone more often. We need to visit the temple as often as we can. In temples we can help others gain the highest degree of glory in the Celestial Kingdom. Temples are an essential part in Gods plan.



Elder Banks, Elder Downey and I after playing Monopoly

Elder Marange (only with us for 1 day), Me and Elder Goje



My area
By Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment