Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Week 55: Start of #10 transfer

Hi!                                                                                                                     March 11, 2019

   I am doing very well and the week was really good! We got to send a lot of time in our new area, which was nice. We met the few members that stay in Shurugwi and they will help us make plans of where to start and go in the area.
   We did teach this family yesterday and they asked why this country is going through such hard times and why would God let these things happen. My companion and I explained to them that this life is a time to learn and to gain as much knowledge as we can. We will all be tested to see if we will rely on God or push him aside instead of putting Him first, and that includes our jobs. Even though we need all these temporary and temporal things we still need to put God first in our lives. This family had their eyes opened and I think they could see the real purpose of life. It was a real cool experience! 
   My companion is awesome we get along real well, he is a really good guy. He is from Johannesburg, South Africa and is 21. He has been a member for 6 years and is the only member in his family. He has only been on his mission for 6 months now he is such a great missionary.
   I finally received the packages you sent they don't look like they had been opened, just a little damaged. I am really excited to make the cookies and brownies, it's funny I think my companion is more excited about the instant mashed potatoes. HA HA
   Well have a good week!
Love,
Elder Rasmussen
 "King Khumalo"  and I.

My new area Shurugwi

Found a scorpion on our door step.

Birthday card sent from home!


No comments:

Post a Comment