Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Week 54

Hi!                                                                                                                                  March 3, 2019
Everything went well last week! Saturday we got our transfer news and found out that Elder Holmes is leaving and I am staying in Gweru. I am assigned to a new area and my new companion is Elder Khumalo and he is from South Africa also. Our new area is a part of Gweru town and then a place 40 min outside of Gweru called Shurugwi. Our mission President wants to start a Branch in Shurugwi so we will be working with the 4 members that live there in finding those who want to join the church.
This week we took Elder Holmes to the dentist to fix a tooth. The dentist that started working on his tooth grabbed these chisel like things and started chipping his tooth out! It looked so painful! Then the dentist stopped and said that he had just messed up and that he was only the junior dentist and that his superior was gone. So he called the dentist down the street to come finish up for him. The mission office told my Comp and I to go to Bulawayo instead and see the dentist there to have the tooth fixed.
That dentist couldn't do much he told my Companion that it needed to heal some first.
I haven't gotten the packages you sent yet it has been taking a lot longer for packages when they get to Zimbabwe than they usually do.
I will talk to you later!
Love,
Elder Rasmussen
 
Elder Holmes on our last day together.

Elder Holmes and I on a bridge over the Kwekwe River. 

Millicent, Princess and I (little girls from the Mkoba 1st Ward)

Sister Lyman and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment