Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 4

 Hello from Africa,
I arrived in Zimbabwe Tuesday at 10 pm it was definitely a long flight. I did made it to my area, I am serving in a place called Bulawayo but we are in a city just out a ways called Nkulaname. We took a bus to get here so we were on the bus for 6 hours. It wasn't fun at all because there was no AC and it was about 85 degrees outside.

My comp is Elder Stone he is from Farmington and has been here for 6 months now. We eat mostly rice and chicken. For lunch we stop at this little lady's house down the street from us. I've eaten sazda, I thought it was pretty gross at first but I am staring to like it now.

This week we had 2 days of contacting and we got 5 new investigators. Pretty sure 2 of them will get baptized. We have a baptism this Saturday for a 13 year old girl named Shelly. So cool.
The people of Zimbabwe are so ready for the gospel and so willing to meet and talk about Jesus Christ.

All the kids here call us keywa which means white person. The little kids are so cute and funny. These kids are always outside and playing in the dirt. They always have a smile on their face and they have nothing. It makes me realize that we have nothing to complain about back in the states.
Elder Stone and I

Yesterday we went to one of the two wards that we are assigned to cover. We meet in a pavilion with tarp walls and there was only 30 people there. I was asked to share my testimony since I am new to the ward.

I am  really liking it here in Zim!

Love you all,
              -Elder Rasmussen

Our Kitchen

Room

Pres and Sister Mkhabela

Incoming Group






No comments:

Post a Comment